Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

What cars should I buy?

ggonzagaggonzaga Member Posts: 1
edited May 2015 in General
I am moving to a new house soon with a 2-car garage, and I am looking forward to not only starting fresh with the house, but starting fresh with the cars. I have a 2014 Mercedes-Benz ML350, which I will be trading in.

I'm looking forward to getting two cars:
One would be something in the lines of my current M-Class. A midsize SUV, or a midsize/large sedan or a 4-door coupe. I want it to be flashy, something that will draw people's attention. I was thinking a Porsche Cayenne, or a BMW X5. If it were to be a sedan I was thinking CLS-Class, Audi S7.

I am willing to spend around 80k-100k for that one.

The other car would be a luxury sports car. I am thinking about a Porsche 911, or a C63 AMG. I thought of a Nissan GTR at some point or a Jaguar XK or F-Type, Maserati Quattroporte/Ghibli.

I am willing to spend around 100k for this car.

I do not like convertibles (soft-tops are ugly, hard-tops could be considered), and both cars are going to be black with possibly black rims because that's my signature. The car needs to have a nice inside, with an executive but sporty look to it (especially the second car).

I just don't know what to get. The sports car would be for a younger individual, and the SUV/4-door coupe would be for general usage.
I'm into the German and Italian brands a lot, and I need 4 seats for the sports car. Even though the 911 has pretty useless space in the back, they're still seats. That's why I don't like the F-Type.

Please help me as I need to know which car to buy.

I'm leaning into these couples:
Porsche Cayenne/Porsche 911 Carrera S
Mercedes-Benz ML63 AMG/Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
BMW X5/BMW M3
Mercedes-Benz CLS400/Maserati Quattroporte
Range Rover Sport/Jaguar XK

There are too many cars out there, but I think you understood what I am trying to say. I want the car to make me look and feel important. For example, an Infiniti is a good luxury car, however it does not have as much of a presence as a Mercedes does. A Maserati doesn't have as much presence as a Bentley (for example, no I don't want a Bentley I don't like them as much)

Thank you, you are a real MVP for reading all this!

Comments

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,950
    Well.... congratulations?

Your one grouping doesn't make sense to me: CLS/Quattroporte. Both are big sedans.

So the C63 is the coupe, correct?

Personally, if looking at this purely from an outward appearance perspective rather than what you'd actually prefer, MB and BMW don't carry near the stuck-uptitude of the others. Unless maybe you are talking about the SL-class, for instance. I'd consider that a rare exception. Even a 6-series is pretty damned commonplace, at least where I live/work.

What about a Tesla S? That's a big car. I'm also a fan of the Panamera rather than the Cayenne. For the coupe, maybe a Maserati Granturismo. For the money, you probably can't stand out much more than that car does. Or, hell, how about a lightly used Ferrari?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S