Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Squeak sound when shifting from drive to park and back.

roldan63roldan63 Posts: 2
edited May 2015 in Nissan
Hello. I have a 2006 Nissan Altima, AT, 93,000 miles. I've started noticing a squeaking sound when shifting from drive to park and back. I also noticed today an even bigger squeaking sound when I parked the car and took the foot off of the brake. Anyone familiar with this? Thank you. 

Answers

• Steve EliasSteve Elias Posts: 2,187
    edited July 2015
    the shift linkage may require lubrication/adjustment/inspection. (is the sound coming from near shift lever or under brake pedal - a buddy listening from outside the car may be able to tell you).
    also, there's an interlock switch under/in the brake pedal lever/switch that shouldn't be making noise. if that part is making noise, it may be a hint of pending failure that could render vehicle undrivable. it's probably an inexpensive/easy part to inspect or swap.
  • roldan63roldan63 Posts: 2
    Hello Elias. The noise stopped all of a sudden so I don't know what to make of it. What else do you think? Thank you.