Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Steering Wheel Volume Adjustment Is an Ergonomic Fail - 2015 Nissan Murano Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited May 2015 in Nissan
imageSteering Wheel Volume Adjustment Is an Ergonomic Fail - 2015 Nissan Murano Long-Term Road Test

If you're a fan of using steering wheel-mounted volume adjustments, you might not like the setup in our long-term 2015 Nissan Murano.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Agree - it's treated like a secondary control, which it's not.
  • Options
    zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    definitely not good placement.

On a side note, and I'm probably the only one that thinks this, can we retire the word "Fail"? At least from 'professional' writing. Keep it on video posts of people hurting themselves but it is so overused everywhere else.
  • Options
    ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    I've seen this in a bunch of Nissans. Kind of unbelievable, really. I drove a Maxima and went to turn up the volume and ended up changing the channel. It seemed like the logical location for the volume control, but it wasn't. Thing is, now they've been doing it one way for so long, it would be difficult to change.
  • Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    Looking at the picture I thought the volume was the rocker switch on the 9:00 spoke.
  • Options
    rogue36rogue36 Member Posts: 4
    Interesting - I use audio controls the exact opposite way from Erin. I hardly ever use the volume controls on the steering wheel. It's much simpler / easier to grab the volume knob and turn. The control I use the most is track up / down to skip through my songs on shuffle. The rocker switch is perfect for that -- much easier than using the touchscreen.