Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Sounds Like A V8, But Should It? - 2015 Ford F-150 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited May 2015 in Ford
imageSounds Like A V8, But Should It? - 2015 Ford F-150 Long-Term Road Test

The Edmunds.com long-term 2015 Ford F-150 uses a turbocharged V6 engine, but fabricates the sounds of a V8 engine to make you think you're driving a larger, more powerful engine.

Read the full story here

Comments

• sdpadsfansdpadsfan Member Posts: 14
    I realize that nowadays a car's computer will let you know if something is not right with your engine, but it seems to me that an artificial engine sound would prevent you from noticing if something sounded different under the hood which could lead to even more expensive repairs.
  • kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    I don't understand. So... what is causing the "fake" sound. Is it mechanical or electrical? Is the sound coming from the speakers or the engine? Looking at a competitors site, it looks like it might be from the sound system. More specifics would've been nice. Maybe have a passenger get close to the speakers and record some db levels or something.
  • markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    edited May 2015
    Did BMW start this whole fake-engine sound fiasco? Ridiculousness. I want to hear the real engine, if even only for what sdpadsfan stated. I want reality, not what stupid some car company PR department or marketing company *thinks* I want to hear. Pure stupidity.
  • jstrauch81jstrauch81 Member Posts: 64
    As long as there is a way to turn it off who cares, and if there isn't a way then yeah, that sucks. I would rather hear the turbos spool (3.5 eb) than fake v8 sounds any day of the week.
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    A pox on all the fake noise devices, be they honkus, sound symposer or stereo injected. They rival sunroofs on my deal breaker list.