Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently bought/leased a new car online and requested a home delivery due to coronavirus? A reporter would like to speak to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 4/5 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Torque Makes It the Perfect City Sleeper - 2014 BMW i3 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,112
edited May 2015 in BMW
imageTorque Makes It the Perfect City Sleeper - 2014 BMW i3 Long-Term Road Test

Why is our long-term 2014 BMW i3 so fun to drive around in the city? Torque, of course!

Read the full story here

Comments

• throwbackthrowback Posts: 445
    Instant torque is the beauty of EVs, at least up to about 30mph (Tesla excluded)
  • bolotiboloti Posts: 47
    "I know this isn't how most EV car owners drive their cars"... How do you know ? I always drive my LEAF like that.... and leave GTI owners puzzled why they could not overtake me until after I reached the speed limit, and they exceeded...
  • tatermctatumstatermctatums Posts: 107
    I intentionally floor it off nearly every stop on my electric motorcycle. Since it doesn't hurt the motor at all to do it constantly there really isn't a downside. Except efficiency and possibly tire wear. Plus, you don't draw attention to yourself from authority figures since there isn't a screaming engine involved.
  • greg128greg128 Posts: 427
    The Volt should blow its doors off with 0-30 in 2.6 sec according to:
    http://insideevs.com/plug-vehicle-cross-section-acceleration-30-mph-60-mph-ev-mode/
  • i went that morning to buy a cla250 ... mercedes was playing games

stopped by bmw on the way home to look at a 2 series ... none to be had

the salesman said have you driven an i3?

he said floor it!

insta torque and stupid quick!

drove it home an hour later
  • I know the feeling of instant torque. I have a 2104 Spark EV with 400 lb-ft of torque. That sucker has torque steer and tire spin from a roll. It can be hard to control at times. LOL.