Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Real Talk From Real Ram Diesel Buyers - 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2015 in Ram
imageReal Talk From Real Ram Diesel Buyers - 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Long-Term Road Test

We talk with two Ram 1500 EcoDiesel buyers to learn what motivated their choice over other full-size truck options.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    Very nice, thanks for posting this. Sounds like Buyer 1 has an excellent stable of vehicles!!
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    "Towing fuel consumption was a major factor in my decision," says the guy who in the past four years has spent about $175,000 on vehicles.

Also, it would seem that fuel economy played a very minor part in the selection of those other vehicles.

Hey - just sayin'. What he does with his money is his business, but I gotta wonder...
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    I guess the lesson is that even for buyers with a high enough income that fuel expense doesn't really matter, a more efficient engine can still be a selling factor.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited June 2015
    You can "fix" your capital cost easily enough. By paying attention to the operating costs you can save money. For cars, that could mean mpg, maintenance, insurance rates or the premium vs. regular argument. Maybe that's how some buyers get that high income. :)
  • Options
    gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    Tesla buyers say similar things. Getting 86 MPGe is a nice side benefit, along with the torquey drive experience.
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    edited June 2015
    Buyer #2 bought it as a daily driver?
    Can I ask where he lives? (not exact address but to give an idea of traffic congestion/population density etc!)
  • Options
    jjacquotjjacquot Member Posts: 16
    Desmo: Buyer Two lives in one of the least densely populated areas in the country -- a city of about 50-70K residents, which rarely has any real traffic. He's never caught in freeway traffic in his home town.