Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I'd Take It Over the Volvo S60 - 2015 Audi A3 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2015 in Audi
imageI'd Take It Over the Volvo S60 - 2015 Audi A3 Long-Term Road Test

Both the 2015 Audi A3 and 2015 Volvo S60 are long-term test cars at Edmunds. They have similar pricing, but the A3 is the car I'd buy.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    I haven't driven either but I'd still pick the Audi. Just seems like a nicer car.
  • veedubber86veedubber86 Member Posts: 57
    I'm in the Audi camp too.
  • legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    I think I'd agree as well. And I think Volvo would like you to view the S60 as an A4 competitor more than and A3 competitor. Looking at the S60 vs. the A4 and things get even worse (although the price will probably be closer). And this is why Volvo is really struggling in the US.
    The S60 becomes a much better value proposition if they price it "a little bit more than an Subaru Legacy" instead of "a little bit less than a 3 Series."
  • mercedesfanmercedesfan Member Posts: 365
    This would be a tough choice for me. If I was looking for fun from the car it would absolutely be the Audi. However, the Volvo clearly has it beat with regards to refinement and overall quality. I drove an A3 for the first time last month (it was a service loaner) and was completely underwhelmed. It isn't remotely a luxury car. Cabin noise levels are high, the cabin feels low rent with cheap plastic everywhere, and there is noticeable lag when you get on the throttle. None of this matters in the $34k-$35k range where this car really belongs, but once you get near $40k there are better options. The Volvo is about as exciting as an afternoon nap, but it is far more convincing as a luxury car. I feel like the A3 would be a fun car to lease because you get all that German chassis goodness for a reasonable price. However, the Volvo would probably make a better long-term companion because something sportier will always come along, but a refined and well-built car always has its charms.
  • squarefoursquarefour Member Posts: 24
    What mercedesfan said. I was underwhelmed by my own time in an A3, made worse by the fact that I had previously spent a little time in a new Golf that, frankly, seemed on par with the A3 luxury-wise, but at a lower pricepoint. The Volvo at least has some really nifty little touches. It feels like something special, rather than a reasonable facsimile of something special.