Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently purchased a new minivan? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by July 2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Time To Upgrade - 2014 Mini Cooper Hardtop Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited June 2015 in MINI
imageTime To Upgrade - 2014 Mini Cooper Hardtop Long-Term Road Test

The 2014 Mini Cooper doesn't recognize my iPod. It would be a shame to buy a car that doesn't integrate your favorite electronic devices, so the old advice stands: try before you buy.

Read the full story here

Comments

• darexdarex Posts: 187
    Forget the device altogether. You could EASILY hold the contents of THAT iPOD on a memory stick stuck in the USB port, or even better, just upload the entire contents to the MINI F56's internal hard-drive, and call it a day. You have MANY options for listening to your tunes in the MINI, and you've gone with the worst choice. ;-)
  • fordson1fordson1 Posts: 1,512
    True. Agree totally
  • mlin32mlin32 Posts: 35
    I find it silly that the Mini doesn't come with a CD player. Makes one pay extra for the 6CD changer......
  • darexdarex Posts: 187
    edited June 2015
    That option is deleted for 2016.

I wouldn't use mine, even if I had one.

I use MINI Connected for Internet Radio, songs on the MINI's hard-drive, satellite radio, and occasionally Bluetooth Audio Streaming. I have no further need for a CD player. It would not get utilized.
  • Maybe that iPod needs to a reset/restore. I say that because I use a vintage iPod nano without issue in my BMW i3 with iDrive 4.2 (Pro nav) system, likely the same as the long-term Mini.