Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How has COVID-19 impacted your car shopping? Click here to help us help drivers like you with a 5-min questionnaire.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Disable auto dimming rear-view mirror

lefty28lefty28 Posts: 1
edited June 2015 in Chevrolet
I just purchased a 2015 chevy cruze LT-1 RS and it has a auto dimming rear-view mirror that I hate. I looked in
the manual and it has a fuse for it and it seems like the fuse only works that feature. Can I remove the fuse and leave
that space empty?

Answers

• imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America I70 & I75 Posts: 24,635
    edited June 2015
    lefty28 said:

I just purchased a 2015 chevy cruze LT-1 RS and it has a auto dimming rear-view mirror that I hate. I looked in
    the manual and it has a fuse for it and it seems like the fuse only works that feature. Can I remove the fuse and leave
    that space empty?

My mirror has a small sensor behind the glass near the top (Malibu). I'd try putting a small sticker of a neutral color or black over that to absorb the light that the sensor is looking from from behind. Try cutting a small oval out of a Post It! note in the sticky portion and color it black with a Sharpie or other black pen. They'll stick well but easily come off if wanted. If that doesn't work, I'd try the fuse.

I have a factory service manual for my Malibu, and I will look up that operation and circuit, but right now I'm on overload.

Let us know if that works.

I am curious in just what way the self-dimming mirror doesn't work as you would like for it to do?

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2008 Cobalt 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,