Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Owners: Photo Gallery

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited March 2014 in Acura
Post your TSX photos here! For instructions on how to post a photo, check the Town Hall Help.

Comments

• fedlawmanfedlawman Member Posts: 3,118
    Me and my TSX at Pacific Raceways last Saturday during a BMWCCA Track Event.

Turn 3

Hard braking before Turn 3

Entering Turn 3a

Track out of Turn 3b
  • johnny420johnny420 Member Posts: 473
    That's really cool. I didn't even know about that event. Is your TSX totally stock, and, if so, how did it do under track conditions? Did yu use the stock Pilots?

PR has some pretty burly tight turns and elevation changes, so I'd be interested to hear how the stock car does.

Looks like you were hanging with that Bimmer pretty well ;p.

Johnny
    Yes, my TSX is totally stock (Michelin all-seasons and all).

I found the tires to be somewhat slippery at the limit, but very predictable and communicative. I believe summer tires would dramatically improve performance in the hairpins by reducing understeer, but the stockers are more than sufficient for having fun and going fast everywhere else.

The only other area that I would consider upgrading is the brakes. Under continued, heavy braking, the pedal began to soften, although I never experienced significant fade. Firmer, more progressive brakes would allow deeper braking and easier heel-and-toe downshifting.

The next BMW event is in June, I believe, and I'll be there. There is also the Regional Porsche and Alfa Romeo clubs that put on similar events throughout the year. With this event, I am now signed off to solo at PR, so I will probably be looking for some "open track days" in the future.
  • johnny420johnny420 Member Posts: 473
    I saw on the "other" TSX board that you and some others had a meet-up at Southcenter, which I wanted to make but couldn't. I'll try to make the next one.

Was the BMWCCA event costly? I've wanted to try something like that, that or a driving school at PR. I've certainly watched enough races there, and I've always wanted to cut a few laps. The TSX is the first car I've owned that lends itself to that sort of driving.

I was wondering about your co-driver, not realizing that he was there to check you out on the track. Driving solo would be a blast.

The heel-toe downshift technique is something I'm just starting to mess around with, and I'm finding it to be a bit tricky. I'm afraid I developed some bad habits over the years, but getting all the downshifting done before entering a turn makes a world of difference. I'll just keep working on it. It's one of the best things about owning a car like the TSX, the immersive quality of the driving.

Anyway, sounds like you had a good time.

Cheers
    Actually, a couple of the "instructors" at the BMW club are also full-time Proformance Driving School Instructors.

You'll get the same training at a club event as you would with the PR driving school.

The "Novice Training" at Bremerton is $75 for a whole day of autocross, skidpad, emergency braking, etc. Once you've been signed off, you're next step is the "Novice Track Day" at PR. You get about 90 minutes of total track time with an instructor for $125. After you're signed off at PR, you're ready to solo.

I plan on attending these "Novice" events on a regular basis even though I'm now solo certified. The training is just too good to not keep up with (and there is always room for improvement, no matter how well your skills are honed).

Yeah, the Southcenter meet started as just a casual hook up with me and "Stokeless." JTso showed up too and we promised to do it again. I'm going to try and keep that other thread going and plan a "real" meet later this spring.
This discussion has been closed.