Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Our Workhorse Pickup Gets New Glass - 2015 Ford F-150 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited June 2015 in Ford
imageOur Workhorse Pickup Gets New Glass - 2015 Ford F-150 Long-Term Road Test

Before we could repair a harmless chip in the windshield of our 2015 Ford F-150, it grew into a large crack, rendering the windshield unsafe and in need of replacement. We've had good luck with Safelite, so we went called them again.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• ebeaudoinebeaudoin NE IllinoisPosts: 509
    Glad to hear it was a good experience! That price doesn't seem too far out of reasonable cost. That's a whole lotta glass.
  • schen72schen72 Posts: 433
    Did you make an insurance claim? This type of thing isn't supposed to count against your record, and I think for replacement, the deductible is quite reasonable around $100.
  • tom_in_mntom_in_mn Posts: 61
    Odd definition of harmless. Seems you have evidence otherwise.
  • I'm assuming you got the Ford OEM glass? The article never states specifically.
  • What is it with the edmunds staff when it comes to cracking windshields and getting flats?! lol
  • s197gts197gt Posts: 486
    sounds like they went with OEM glass. would be interested to know what the aftermarket quote (if available) would have been. just priced a new windshield through safelite and it was around $400 with options; but didn't appear to be OEM. you get a lot of varying reviews of safelite. sounds like the issues are more about the quality of the installation than the glass.
  • jstrauch81jstrauch81 Posts: 64
    Welcome to the club Edmunds. I picked up a nice sized chip a while back and this morning I got nailed again, this time it spread into a good sized crack. Luckily it was through a construction zone that was riddled with rocks and the company is picking up the tab. I really like my F-150, but to be honest and fair I think Ford used the cheapest glass ever on these trucks. Today the impact was so light it almost sounded like a bug... WRONG!

I get drilled in my Honda Accord all the time (commute 3 days a week) and it has never even picked up a chip, Honda must have used a quality glass back in 2006.