Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• crystal2crystal2 Member Posts: 52
    Ajwestport, I looked at the pricing for the base and options for the 2005 RX330. THe AWD RX330 is approx. $38,000 and the Nav system option package is $2350. This brings the MSRP to $40,350. The Levinson package would be $4000 more. I do not think you got the Levinson package since I doubt they would give you that much of a break, exp. in the northeast. This is also based on the info provided by the Greenwich salesman to me (worse shopping experience of all the places I communicated with). However, your lease terms appear to be good for the car and option you got.
    Aj, Yo got it right. I had my original rate quoted to me by FLEETRATES.COM (By the way, their leasing terms should be more competitive also). They arranged for me to get the Thundercloud Special Ed. (see my post #1899 in this forum). The price of $41,800 I was given included the Nav, Lev packages, heated front seats, automatic rain wiper, headlamp washer, also transmission cooler, heavy duty alternator and radiator (but no towing package, my misunderstanding, just towing capability). The price also included shipping to NY, right to my door. I had checked with the Ann Arbor, Michigan dealership to try to get the same deal as one of the members here. The Ann Arbor salesperson told me the person who cited the lower price for the Thundercloud package in an earlier post (MIRX?) could not have been right since the price of $40,942? would be below invoice for the package. Who knows? Sometimes there is a discrepanacy in info received from different sources.
    Aj, By the way, the simplest thing would be to call the agent who sold you the lease and ask if the Lev package is included. I would be interested to know if it is.
  • jeff5144jeff5144 Member Posts: 3
    I am about to sign and pick up my leased 2005 Lexus RX330 without NAV. Everyone please let me know your thoughts. FYI, I live in Minnesota

Cap Cost: 39,131
    36 month/15K per year
    Total down payment is 4500.00 (including all costs)
    Payments are 466.54 per month. I am not sure what the "Money Factor" is, I will for sure ask this before signing. I felt that I could have gotten this lower but it seemed like I was scratching for pennies at the end. I have not signed anything so it's still neg I assume.
    Jeff5144, Your deal sounds similar to the deal I was offered (maybe a little better, if your package is Premium Plus vs. Premium; also, you were offered 15K miles a year). I was told that I could get a 36 month/ 12K miles a year lease for $499 with $4,000 down for a RX330 with the Premium Plus package (no Nav/ no Lev audio system, no DVD ent system, no performance package). I guess it was discounted from the "normal" leasing price by around $50 (told that by my Long Island dealer that the lease rate cd go up by $50 after the "special" rate expires). You should look at the Fleetrates.com website for their quotes on leases, with the options you want, if you are interested in more competitive pricing on your lease. Good luck! Your deal is probably good for your local area. I think Southern California may indeed have the better deals, as mentioned in a previous post.
  • autodaxautodax Member Posts: 1
    I am in process of negotiating with a couple of dealers for 2005 RX300 AWD Thundercloud Special Edition in Flint Mica with Nav, premium plus options except Rear Entertainment DVD.

It seems the car is pretty rare and no one seems to have it. However every sales guy I spoke to said they have the car but later retracted it and tried to sell me something else. Most of the Lexus sales people seems to be like used car salesman - sell you anything they have. I am not at all impressed by Lexus dealers.

I think I finally have a deal with one - the car will be here on 2 weeks. I've negotiated it to $1000 over invoice. Is that good? Do you think they can go lower?

Pls advise. Thanks.
  • varis1varis1 Member Posts: 2
    There is a sales event going on in one of the south florida dealerships: premium package with 17" wheels, no money down, 12k miles/year, 36 month lease @389/month! Is there a catch or just a good deal? Thanks for the feedback
  • johnsonljohnsonl Member Posts: 1
    Hi! wtchwmn.
    I will be shopping for a loaded AWD 05 - Nav, Perf Pkg, Rear Ent system, preferably the Thoundercloud edition in Twin Cities in a few months. Please let me know your experience and recommendation for a dealership.
    Hi, Autodax, Can you tell meif your Thundercloud will include the Levinson audio system? What is the invoice you are talking about for your package (with Lev audio system or without?).

On another issue, do others out there believe the 2005 RX330 will go down in price later this year with the new 2006 coming out and the RX400H (Hybrid) factor? Thanks for your views on this.
    Hi,Maybe this was addressed in an earlier post, but does someone out there know if out of state buyers have to pay the CA smog impact test (we have our own emissions test fee) and the CA tire fee. I thought I read somewhere in these forums that out of state people would not have to pay these fees. Thanks for your response.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A magazine reporter is hoping to speak with a recent Lexus buyer who traded out of a Cadillac, or at least test drove a Cadillac as part of their shopping experience. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com with your daytime phone number and a few words about your choice no later than Tuesday, April 12, 2005.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• rx2005pickrx2005pick Member Posts: 20
    I'm searching for AWD RX 330 with all the options available ( premium+, nav+rse) in atlanta area. After my one month research the last deal that's in my hand is invoice + 200 in atlanta area, but this is FWD. Any suggestions on getting below invoice. I asked for 38 and noone seems to be giving for that price.What about out of state dealers ? How can i get the Dyncamic cruise control ?. Can i wait for some more time to see if the prices comes down after 400H introduction ?
    Please suggest.
    Hello - Just an update to my previous posting.
    I got a deal - 200 above invoice price + 450 dmv price, 62 title/tags + tax.
    it's a AWD with Nav + RSE + towing option, preferred accesary, 18'' wheels, and all other regular stuff like heated seats, rain sensing wipers.......Silver with light gray :)
  • ctsangctsang Member Posts: 237
    Where and name of the dealer?
  • mcm4mcm4 Member Posts: 3
    My better 1/2 wants a new RX330.
    With no dealer incentives / factory cash back or dealers willing to
    deal, I am thinking about buying online.
    Cardirect.com. looks good, but have never bought a car this way.
    Also found used 2004's are about the same price as new 2005's?
    Anyone else run into this?
    Do not have a trade in, or need dealer financing but still not much
    negotiating room with the dealers I have talked to here in So Cal.
    Any info is appreciated.
    Forgot to add, looking for 2wd, no Nav system, Am sure the loaded models have more room to negotiate.We are looking the basic model with the "almost standard" Premium Plus Package.
    mcm4, Try fleetrates.com. They may have the basic model as one of the 5 featured models. Otherwise, they probably can locate one for you at a competitive price since they have contacts with high volume dealerships in So Cal.
    Thanks, will check it out!
    mcm4, You may also want to try Riverside Lexus. I read in this forum they may have good prices also, with good service. It has been recommended to go thru the internet sales managers, because for some reason, they may offer better prices than the floor salespeople.
  • jayc4620jayc4620 Member Posts: 1
    I was quoted at $4391 total due at signing plus $459 a month for 2005 RX330 with premium package ( no nav, lev etc.). Does this sound like a good deal, I really would like to be at about $425 a month.
  • rxbuyerscrxbuyersc Member Posts: 1
    These postings here helped me so much that I thought I would share my buying experience.

I used edmunds and got responses immediately. Talked to a dealer and he quoted me $600 off of invoice (invoice was $37,900) for taking one off of his lot. 2 other dealers quoted me $500 bucks off of invoice. I ultimately went for the $500 dollars off cuz it was on my way home and they had the color that i wanted (which was sold that day so I had to settle for another color).

Ultimately, I bought a 2005 RX330 w/ Premium Plus and Navigation, with tax (8.25%), title, license, for just under $41,000. It really helped using edmunds and waiting till the last week of March to buy it, they all were giving me this deal because it was end of the month and as one dealer put it "anything goes".

Hope this helps...
  • mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    This is incredible!!!! I've been recently and reluctantly cross shopping an SUV. Murano, X3, Toureg, etc. I contacted Lexus of Westport. They did not email, simply called and called and (you get the point). Finally I emailed back and stated provide the details!. After more calls, and messages on the answering machine I told the salesmen to go away. He finally provided the numbers, just the monthly payment and lease term nothing else. I got the same exact price quote as you did. I've purchased/leased from both McDermott and Lexus of Westport several times. Either a change in management, ownership or overall philosophy has recently occurred. They used to actually beat other local dealerships prices hands down.

The only reason I came across this post was due to me accidentally deleting a detailed quote for another dealership. I figured I'd grab a similar one from here. Didn't take long to reach this post and I Couldn't resist the reply.
    Can you put some details (AWD or FWD) and complete package details..also the dealer name, city...that info please
    Johnson lexus in Raleigh, NC
  • legendmanlegendman Member Posts: 362
    I am looking for a hard to find color, with a fully loaded option package in the 2005 RX 330. I live in Southern California. I will buy FWD or AWD. Any suggestions as to how best to (1) find the car; and (2) get a below invoice deal ... all without having to wait 4-8 weeks? I am willing to travel a little in order to get the car sooner rather than later.

Suggestions?
    What are the general impressions of how the 2005 RX 330 drives? I have driven a 1999 RX and 2003 RX 300 by way of comparison. The 2005 RX seems a little "looser" up front; not as taut and connected as the older models.

Will an AWD give better cornering on dry pavement or will it only "shine" during inclement weather? Also, should one believe Lexus' claims of only one (1) mile per gallon difference penalty when comparing AWD fuel economy to FWD?

Do tires makes much difference in handling characteristics? My folks have Michelin Cross Terrains on their 1999 RX and they made a huge improvement over the former Goodyear Integrity rubber.

Any thoughts from current owners or recent test drivers would be appreciated.
    Hi legendman,
    We try to keep this topic reserved for talking about pricing and stories about shopping experiences. If you could post your question in our regular Lexus RX 330 discussion, you'll get feedback from those who currently own the vehicle, and it will help us keep this topic clutter-free for shoppers. Thanks!

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• swiftmswiftm Member Posts: 68
    I recently purchased RX 330, thundercloud, AWD with premium package, nav, 18" wheel and lock, trunk mat, all options except DVD and air suspension(under sport package).
    Invoice $40868
    cost $400
    total $41268 plus TTL
    Lexus of Cerritos in So.Cal.
    Hints: Base on 7 Lexus in 14 years, speaks or email to fleet or internet manager only, do your home work and asked for invoice printout and compare your prices, agreed pricing before enter the dealership, have them fax or email the detail sticker listing with the choosing car number, be firm and prepare to walk out if anyone use "bate & switch" tactic, dealers like you to finance the car and no need to mention until you lock in the deal, sell your own car and no trade in. For a celebration, have the new car deliver to your home. I know I can't mention my email address, my handle here is swiftm001 and I am on yahoo.com. Hope this help and good luck. swiftm001
    Excellent Advice, Swifty. Thanks.

Yes, I am shopping on line only now and it makes a huge difference. The Internet/Fleet managers seem to just cut to the chase and give you a bottom line number. When pressed for a little more off they often will do it. Several will sell well below invoice ($200-$500) while others will add ($200-400) over invoice. MSRP is a joke unless you buy the first few weeks a car is out.
    Hi rxbuyersc - Can you please put some details here.Like AWD/FWD, DVD,NAV/RSE.....also the invoice price, dealer name, city...that kind of details. The deal that i got was 200 over the invoice and i have to wait 3 weeks for the AWD+DVD+NAV ( plus all the other stuff like pr.+package, heated seats, leather...silver color). It will definitly help us
  • jhs4jhs4 Member Posts: 3
    Autosolution.com was not a valid site ... do you have their website name. Also, how does one reach the Riverside Internet Sales team? THANKS ...
    Please don't ask other members for contact information. Name of dealership, city, and state is all we allow. If you're looking for the dealership website and you know the dealership name, you should be able to find it using many popular Internet search engines.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• briegelbriegel Member Posts: 139
    I looks like my reply to you was deleted, so if you still need the info you can email me. My email address is in my Edmunds profile.
    I have narrowed my buying choice to the new 2005 RX330 in White. Have been quoted $41,601 for the AWD "full spec" (fully loaded) and $40,416 for the FWD "full spec"(fully loaded). I am told that these prices are several hundred below invoice; $500 below on the FWD, for example.

Anyone have some input on whether I can do much better here in Southern California? Am I leaving significant dollars on the table at these prices?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi legendman:
    I'm feeling it's good deal. If you get something below invoice ( 1 dollar or 500 dollar ) it's a great deal.I know dealers adding 1 or 2 thousand above invoice and folks still buying......Can you put the dealer name please ?
  • ronironi Member Posts: 14
    has any one had any good deal in seattle on rx 330 and what the scoop for 400 avilability was looking for GX intially but after reading all the vibration problems wit GX will look into RX 330 if any one has recent purchase in seattle .will appreciate input .also should i wait till end of month when 400 are in and may impact prices on 330
  • briegelbriegel Member Posts: 139
    I'm in Redmond, but had to go to Southern California (Lexus of Riverside) to get a good price on mine at the end of December. There might be better deals around here now.
    I closed the deal today in Southern California on my new 2005 RX 330 AWD, with Navigation System/Mark Levinson Package, Heated Front Seats, 18" Alloy Wheels and Tires, Bluetooth w/voice activation and Tow package. Price paid for the car was $41,600. Tax, license, & doc prep fee were on top of that. So, I got $6,300 off of the sticker and paid $571 below invoice. Lexus Santa Monica.

In the end I had four dealers ready to sell me this car: two at $41,200 and two (very reluctantly and after a lot of haggling -- due to the marginal profit) at $41,600. I opted for the slightly more expensive car because 1) it was the only one made in Japan, as compared to the others which were made in Canada; 2) my new car had only 10 miles on the odometer,while two of the others had 46 and 59 miles already on them already -- I prefer a car that 8 people have NOT already test driven and done God knows what with it; 3) the car was just a few days off the truck, flawless, the dealer was closest to me, and I liked the Internet guy ... although frankly they were all a pleasure to do business with.

Using the Internet Manager/Fleet Manager is definitely the way to go, IMHO. I used the Edmunds Price Quote system for my initial contact with some of the local dealers, and also used the Consumer Reports New Car Buying Guide.
  • lexuslooker1lexuslooker1 Member Posts: 1
    The monthly payment is not the only thing to look at when trying to see if you got a good lease. What state are you in? What is the residual value? What is the gross capitalized cost (negotiated price of car)? What is the money factor (this is related to the interest rate)? How many months is your lease?

Regards,
    D
  • gpg429gpg429 Member Posts: 4
    I live near Tacoma and recently purchased my RX in So California (South Bay Lexus). I dealt with Lexus of Tacoma and Lexus of Seattle and found that they had little appetite for price negotiation even after they found out what I was paying from South Bay.
  • hkkhkk Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I am looking to buy a RX330 in the DFW metroplex area, with Premium Package, Thundercloud and Bi-xenon headlamps.

Could someone post the prices they paid for similar ones? What is the general price in terms of (invoice +/- $x)?

Appreciate your time.
    Thx.
  • txgirltxgirl Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I am in the DFW and also shopping for a RX 330. Not sure if i will get the TCloud edition- I am looking to just get one with the premium or premium plus pkg. So far I have an offer of less then $500 over invoice, but want to be at least at invoice. I picked one up today for an overnight test drive and tomorrow they are supposed to tell me their invoice price. I am anxious to see if it matches what I have seen on the internet.
  • rastaforirastafori Member Posts: 12
    Hello all, I plan on purchasing an RX330 Premium Plus package, Jet Black Onyx,... I'm passing on the Thunder Cloud edition as I really don't like the color choices and when I saw the wheels/rims in person they looked a little "mad max weird" (My wife loved them though). Any way,... I live near McDermot Lexus in the New Haven area, but I'm not far from Westport Lexus either. Anyone have experience with either or both dealers, and how are the deals in NYC, White Plains, or Long Island areas. I'd rather stick closer to home but I don't like a dealer "implying" they are the only game in town. Thanks
  • flwflw Member Posts: 4
    Rastafori, you may try Lexus of Rockville Center (Long Island). I had an excellent good experience there.
  • rastaforirastafori Member Posts: 12
    Thanks... I will check. I have been looking into internet purchases as well for this vehicle.
  • christina271christina271 Member Posts: 65
    has anyone leased an RX in NJ lately...
    I am looking at the Premium Plus Package (with or without NAV) 12 or 15,000 miles a year...36 months...$0 down....and was wondering what people are leasing the car for..
  • whitallwhitall Member Posts: 190
    I also want one with no packages, though I wish I could afford one! I would be happy just to go from my Dodge Gr. Caravan to this Lexus. Did you ever find one? Can one be ordered and still get a good price? Also, will Lexus give me a decent trade-in value, or should I attempt to sell it myself??
  • egraboregrabor Member Posts: 6
    This is my first time on this site. I was wondering if you could tell me what options you got with your new Lexus RX AWD? We just looked for the first time yesterday at them, and fell in love!!! It sounds like the price you got may make it possible for us to own one. I would appreciate any info you can give me.
    Thanks,
  • sahmadsahmad Member Posts: 1
    I have been shopping around for an RX330AWD w/NAV. I found out that the msrp is higher then what is posted on many sites (nada, edmunds, yahoo). The price on these sites with all the options I want is $44,865.00 and what the dealers are telling me is that there sticker price is $45,083.00. Is this ture? Also all the dealers are telling me that the invoice price for the car is around $41,000.00 but on many sites the invoice come to around $39,235.00. I know sales people never tell the truth, but do you guys see these same prices when you shopped for this car? Who should I believe?

Any good advice is apperciated. I will be buying soon.
    Thanks,
  • smartgazzsmartgazz Member Posts: 6
    I am now looking at 2005 Lexus RX330 AWD with Premium plus package MSRP $42750. The best deal I got now is about $38,800 (Invoice about $37,500) I heard it should be about 500-1000 above invoice? . Is it a good deal? Is anyone in DC/MD/VA Richmond area can guide me the best dealer to deal with. I appreacite any information.
This discussion has been closed.