Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

More Insights On the GT350 Voodoo V8 - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited June 2015 in Ford
imageMore Insights On the GT350 Voodoo V8 - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2015 Ford Mustang GT doesn't have the forthcoming flat-plane crank V8 code-named

Read the full story here

Comments

• yellowbalyellowbal Posts: 234
    The GT350 looks like such a fun car. Can Edmunds buy one to write about?
  • mtnbiker8mtnbiker8 Posts: 39
    Was really torn on the decision between a run of the mill GT with performance package and the GT350. The $$ is certainly a factor. But in the end, the need for a daily driver, assurances of decent reliability and my already paranoid behavior in store parking lots made the decision pretty easy. I'm sure I'll have a little Shelby envy as time goes on. Hats off to Ford for the engineering exercise and innovation.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 13,747
    edited June 2015
    I'm thinking that 'top' picture shows the passenger side exhaust manifold.
    2017 Ford Fusion SE 2017 Ford F-150 Limited
  • defyant15defyant15 Posts: 74
    edited June 2015
    Haha! +1 mtnbiker8, same reasons I went with the GT with the PP. I wanted a fun proven car thats friendly in the track/autox/twistes and DD'ing and easy to maintain and service. The Coyote is a reliable strong engine with a good balance of revs and torque - if this Voodoo is anything like the 5L V10 in the M5/M6 from last gen I would worry about the reliability and torque <3500rpm for those of us who would DD. That said, this GT350 sounds like a GT350 done right and it will be an amazing car, especially for those who will see the track a lot (which I hope these cars get to see).

I might just go with coil-overs and some chassis work in the future to keep my GT fresh and fun. I've seen folks run incredible competitive times with the stock GT, and suspension work/tune can get you a lot lot more if done right

"The $$ is certainly a factor. But in the end, the need for a daily driver, assurances of decent reliability and my already paranoid behavior in store parking lots made the decision pretty easy. I'm sure I'll have a little Shelby envy as time goes on. "
  • mtnbiker8mtnbiker8 Posts: 39
    defyant15 - Voodoo has "highest mean piston speed of any production engine". While cool, I'm really okay with someone else beta testing that for a while.