Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

We Got the Right Car - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2015 in Ford
imageWe Got the Right Car - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Some Edmunds.com editors think our long-term 2015 Ford Mustang GT is rough and unsophisticated, but not this one. Our man gives us an anti-sissy take on the Performance Package-equipped GT, learning that it works spectacularly well on twisty back roads.

Read the full story here

Comments

• defyant15defyant15 Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2015
    It is shocking how much fun this car is, its like an E92 M3 with more torque, less under-steer and more steering feedback. Ford initially planned on redesigning the rear suspension, but soon realized the front couldnt keep up and had to go the whole hog and redo the front, steering etc. My only complaint with it is the exhaust needs a catback - its muffled from the factory.

The steering feel is incredible. I am still curious as to how this car stacks Vs the Jag F type and Lexus RCF. As you mentioned, the PP makes it an all out sports car, and not-opting for that creates a more traditional cruiser. There are also so many solid options after-market to improve the suspension (shocks/springs, coilovers, bracing etc) that can make this car a track weapon. Steeda, Roush, Koni, Cortex, BMR....
  • mtnbiker8mtnbiker8 Member Posts: 39
    defyant15 - I like where you are going with this. Steering feel like BMW's used to have. I've done some suspension work (including some adjustable rear shocks) and improved the shifter. Borla S-Type cat back too. The Mustang is just a pallet with this amazing aftermarket. As good as it was stock, this thing is just silly fun.
  • subytrojansubytrojan Member Posts: 120
    Great update, Mike! :thumbs up: