Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Flat Tow a HR-V 6-Speed behind an RV?

creativepartcreativepart Posts: 1
edited July 2015 in Honda
I've been searching the interwebs and not seen any info about flat-towing a manual transmission HR-V behind a motorhome.

I have seen others ask this question, but the only answer is no, you can't tow the automatic transmission model with all four wheels on the ground.

I do see that the HR-V is based on the Honda Fit AND I see that the Honda Fit manual transmission model can be safely flat towed behind an RV.

And since A=B and B=C you'd think that A=C. I can't figure out why no one has any info on this. So, if you have some, info on this, please share it with us.

Comments

• You've asked an excellent question -- and hope you'll find an answer here. On the surface it appears your A=C is correct. But I can't figure out why we're not seeing any response to this. The options for light tow cars are very limited. Hopefully this will turn up a useful response.
  • Honda's CVT transmission does not allow it to be towed behind a motor home. The 6 speed manual (in front wheel drive only) can be towed.