Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

I have a 2005 Scion xb 1.5 manual transmission

redtyger8redtyger8 Member Posts: 2
edited July 2015 in Scion
I have a 2005 Scion xb 1.5 manual transmission.
I started to hear a rattling sound coming from the front end of the vehicle a few weeks ago.

Last week driving on a back road it seemed to get louder in third gear,
I made it to the the hwy and was in 5th gear with no problems when traffic came to a stop.
I started hearing a loud grinding /knocking sound so I pulled off the hwy and turned the car off.
After checking under the hood and saw nothing out of the ordinary, I restarted it and the stick shift at first would not go into gear and was stuck over to the right.
Once I was able to get it in 1st gear, when I let the clutch out it got loud again and the wheels were locking up.
I called a tow truck and when they pulled it up on a flat bed from the rear the wheels were locking up in reverse also.
I've had several different people say different things as far as what is wrong: Clutch, Senors, Transmission, Throw out bearing and Clutch disk.
I am on a fixed income and can not afford to pay to fix something that it might not be.
Anyone have this prob or know what the problem is is?

Best Answer

Answers