Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Diesel Vehicles Can Be Money Savers, Study Finds | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited July 2015 in General
imageDiesel Vehicles Can Be Money Savers, Study Finds | Edmunds.com

Car shoppers considering the growing list of diesel vehicles, including the 2015 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel, Porsche Cayenne Diesel and Volkswagen Golf TDI, got some encouraging news from a new University of Michigan study.

Read the full story here

Comments

• mittzombiemittzombie Posts: 162
    "Resale values are also 30-50 percent higher for diesel passenger cars and SUVs after three years."

That is total BS, It does not even make sense as most cars don't even lose 50% in 3 year. Is a diesel Golf supposed to gain value over time to make this calculation work?
  • cmhj2000cmhj2000 Se, Pa.Posts: 381
    Doesn't add up for me
  • airpowerairpower Posts: 28
    The article makes a simple mistake by comparing the cost of diesel fuel to regular (87 octane) gasoline. I own two BMW X5 diesels and currently pay $3.099 for diesel fuel here in New York. If I had gasoline equipped X5s, I would need premium fuel at the current $ 3.499. The real benefit of the X5 diesel however, is the incredible way it drives. Thinking about a diesel vehicle? Drive one - that's all it takes.