Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you currently drive a 2019 Ford Ranger and live in Michigan?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] for more details.

Air conditioning Mode problem

phantomwsophantomwso Posts: 1
edited July 2015 in Chevrolet
I have 2003 Tahoe that had two problems - one now fixed one still open. The first was ac blower speed control. Would only work on 5 then not at all. replaced the resistor and now works. The other was the mode or direction of the flow. Would intermittently not move from defrost/floor/vent etc in any position to another. Know would turn but to no effect. Then it became permanent and would not move from the windshield (though knob would move). I replaced the mode actuator, but not change. Then all of a sudden I get air out of my dash vents. When I got to where I was going, shut off vehicle, and returned it was back to just the windshield/defrost - knob still moves ok but not the air flow. It has been stuck since. I have seen something on forum about some kind of 2003 recall on a/c for Tahoe. does anyone know if this is covered by recall - is it still active - or does anyone know what I can do to fix this situation. Thanks