Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Can You Fit a Stroller? - 2014 BMW i3 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2015 in BMW
imageCan You Fit a Stroller? - 2014 BMW i3 Long-Term Road Test

I thought I'd have to use my compact umbrella stroller exclusively with our 2014 BMW i3, but lo and behold, my extra-large, super deluxe stroller also fits in this small electric hatchback.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    At least from this angle it looks like the i3 has a pretty high floor in the cargo area. (Batteries underneath?). Is this the case?
  • Options
    cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    @legacygt - yes and no. As I recall, the floor in the storage area in the I3 models with the range extending option are noticeably higher than those without. I don't think it is due to the batteries; however, I think that's where the little motorcycle engine is. FWIW in my 3 day, extended test drive a few months back I had absolutely no problem using the I3 with REX as a daily and took my 4 year old in his giant car seat, my longboard, beach chairs, shovels, and all that crap to the beach. The back seat is surprisingly big and swallows a car seat no problem but the clamshell doors can be a bit of a challenge depending on parking conditions.
  • Options
    markedwardsmarkedwards Member Posts: 32
    Battery pack is beneath the passenger compartment. The drive system is below the cargo area. BEV and REx have the same floor height. The space where the range extender engine goes is used for a heat pump in US BEV models.