Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Comprehensive extended warranty on used vehicle is a sham.

sweetthingsweetthing oregonPosts: 1
edited July 2015 in Honda
Purchased a "comprehensive" extended warranty on a used nissan murano when purchased.
Recently, the seal broke and moisture entered the left headlight area. When I took it to the honda dealership I was informed that it is NOT covered under my "COMPREHENSIVE" (HA,HA) warranty.
Going to the local nissan dealership in Medford, Oregon, I was told that they couldn't just seal the headlight cover. IN FACT, THEY HAD TO REPLACE THE ENTIRE LIGHT ASSEMBLY!!!!!
This was to be done to the tune of $1,300.00! So in my opinion, the warranty is useless and the manufacturer and dealerships are out to gouge the customers-not to mention the wasteful act of throwing out a perfectly good light assembly and cover. All for the sake of greed. Don't buy a nisson and don't buy a Honda Care plan as they are just there to extort more money from the customer.
Tagged: