Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

How to get the best price via email?

undecided56undecided56 Member Posts: 1
edited July 2015 in Honda
Hello! I'm interested in buying (maybe leasing) a Honda Accord EXL V6 or a Toyota Avalon. I've tested both and like both of them. The problem is I'm trying to get the salesmen from three different dealerships to give me a price via email but all three keep saying to come in and "we can talk." I told them I don't have time to run around when it can be done in a much simpler matter.Plus I like seeing written documentation. I'll buy whichever car from the person who offers the best price. How do I get them to finally quote me prices via email? I didn't think it would be so hard to do! Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    Likely they have found to many people just get a price and shop elsewhere to see if it can be beat, then when the other place gives a better price they go back to first place and ask if they can match it, back ond forth over and over, just wasting the salespersons time.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    You could try a dealer quote service. Like ours. :smile: (you'll see the link when you drill down to your Accord model)

Or switch to texting (dunno how a paper trail works for that though0..

(I don't have much sympathy @ray80 - if the dealers want to play "come on down" games, it's fair for consumers to get their number and shop it).

• ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    stever said:

(I don't have much sympathy ).

@stever me either