Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Impressive Safety, Steering and Fuel Economy on Long Highway Run - 2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD Long-Term R

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2015 in Acura
imageImpressive Safety, Steering and Fuel Economy on Long Highway Run - 2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD Long-Term Road Test

Our 2015 Acura TLX seemed like the perfect vehicle for a last-minute business trip, so I took it out for a post-repair shake-down.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    edited July 2015
    Wow! That MPG is great. Honda's V6 engines are stellar at cruising speeds. I'm averaging 112% of the EPA Combined rating over the past 17,430 miles in my 2010 Odyssey LX (No VCM). I must also say, I really like the understated styling of the TLX. Very sharp.
  • Options
    rosmossrosmoss Member Posts: 9
    Why are the fog lights on?
  • Options
    schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    I also really like the looks. The nice thing about understated style is that in 10+ years it will still look handsome.
  • Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    schen72 said:

I also really like the looks. The nice thing about understated style is that in 10+ years it will still look handsome.

I agree. I was looking at an older, probably early 2000 Lexus LS400/430 and admired how luxurious and expensive it still looked. In 2030 will a 2015 Jaguar F-Type still have the same appeal as it does today?
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    rosmoss said:

Why are the fog lights on?

Because "Car photography 1.01" says headlights and foglights add "impact" and "drama". Rolleyes. Yeah, right. To me it's just annoying and juvenile, and I didn't buy into it when I bought my first motoring magazine at 16. Seems I'm not the only one it rubs the wrong way.
  • Options
    benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    Some TLX V-6 owners are reporting highway mpg of as much as 36-39 over at Acurazine and TLX forums. The ZF trans, however, apparently takes some getting used to...
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • Options
    maksimmaksim Member Posts: 3
    Heh, I am glad we got our Volvo S60 over the TLX. With a lot more power, even better gas mileage. t6 in mixed driving, over 32 mpg, and over 35 on highway.