Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you currently drive a 2019 Ford Ranger and live in Michigan?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

4 Series Fuel Pump Recall

zoombie99zoombie99 North JerseyPosts: 282
edited August 2015 in BMW
I just want to remind those who got the fuel pump recall on the early models, make sure you bring it to the dealer with just a little fuel left. I think they spilled some gas when they did my wife's 428x and it had a strong odor of gas when we picked it up and we are still have odor problems.
BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
BMW 2017 Melbourne Rent X3 28i (wife's)

Comments

• steverstever Posts: 52,462
    Ugh, hate that. I'd ask the dealer to detail the interior and/or the trunk. That stuff can make you sick. And verify that there's not a leak anywhere.

In the meantime, I like tossing fresh coffee grounds on the carpets to mask odors for a few days.
  • zoombie99zoombie99 North JerseyPosts: 282
    The car is back to the dealer for the THIRD time. Last time they dumped an entire can of Fabrese it in. I bought it back again and told the dealer, I don't want any smells in the car.
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
  • steverstever Posts: 52,462
    Sounds like your dealer is responsive to your complaints at least.
  • zoombie99zoombie99 North JerseyPosts: 282
    I don't think they have a choice, they know I am not happy.
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone