Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you currently drive a 2019 Ford Ranger and live in Michigan?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] for more details.

Brake Warning light - 2011 Legacy

dev_ctdev_ct Posts: 2
edited August 2015 in Subaru
I have a 2011 Legacy Sedan with 40K miles. Three weeks ago, I drove the car 25 miles in 90+degree heat on the highway. I parked at a store, did not use the electronic parking brake and when I returned to the car 5 minutes later and started it, teh dashboard BRAKE light was flashing. The brake was not engaged. I tried to engage and release it, but it would not engage, when I pushed the button the car 'chirped'. I drove the car home and garaged it. The next morning (after a cooler evening) the light no longer flashed. At that time I was able to engage and release the electronic parking brake and it worked as designed.

A similar sequence has occurred on four different occasions. When I start a cool car, no light. When I start the car after it's been run for a while, I'm getting the flashing light.

I've checked the brake fluid and it's fine. I've checked the OBD and it shows no codes.

Any thoughts on what to do next?

Comments

• UPDATE: I took the car to the dealer who diagnosed a problem with the EPB module. $450/part and 4 hours of labor. I can't understand how this unit failed when it is never used. I've got a call in to Subaru USA to see if they'll help.