Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

A Smart and Safe Helicopter Car - 2015 Volvo S60 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited August 2015 in Volvo
imageA Smart and Safe Helicopter Car - 2015 Volvo S60 Long-Term Road Test

Our 2015 Volvo S60 comes with a slew features intended to make driving easier.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Yeah, the S60 is an awesome car. I drove a rental one 3 years ago on a 1000 mile roadtrip and it was comfortable, unobtrusive and easy to live with. I have a slightly different sequence on my BMW when I park. Instead of putting the gear in park, I simply turn it off. The car goes into park by itself. It's just a little step but I love the convenience.
  • athens_athens_ Posts: 8
    Engine Auto Stop on the Volvo S60 Drive-E becomes obtrusive during perpendicular parking.

Say you pull into a perpendicular parking spot, nose first. You make a full stop. Momentarily placing the S60 gear position selector into Park.

Then you wish to better re-position the Volvo into the parking space, intending to put the gear position selector back into Reverse and back out to re-enter the parking space.

Well then you are required to re-engage the S60 push-button ignition before backing out.

I opine that a longer time should elapse before Engine Auto Stop activates: say 10 seconds.
  • steverstever Posts: 52,462
    No self parking feature? B)
  • athens_athens_ Posts: 8
    stever said:

No self parking feature? B)

Not that I'm aware of.