-June 2024 Special Lease Deals-

2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

Honda Pilot window only making clicking noise - not opening

lambornlamborn Member Posts: 2
edited August 2015 in Honda
My 2004 Honda Pilot's drivers side front window is not functioning. Last week a cable snapped on the motor/regulator, so I replaced that whole unit. I know the motor works as I can put direct power to it from the car battery and it will raise and lower.

Using the switch on the door, the black box puts out a clicking noise. So I have replaced both the black box and the door switch itself. STILL ONLY CLICKING.
I read on another post that plugging the courtesy light back in would help. Not for me however.

Super annoying. All 3 other windows work from the drivers door switches.

Any thoughts on this?

Answers

• Options
    93tracker5spd93tracker5spd Member Posts: 194
    Hello! Yes, thoughts, start by process of elimination. First, are you sure you have re-connected everything correctly? If so use a multi-meter set to lowest DC setting above 12 volts; start with that door switch, do you have 12 volts? If so, move on to the motor connector, when the switch is engaged, is there 12 volts, if there is a relay for this circuit, check it, is there a separate fuse, pull and reinsert it or replace it (oh the number of times I have spent hours looking for an open circuit, only to find a fuse not making a good connection). You say you have applied power from the battery and the window works, and even with the switch there is a clicking sound. I would look hard at that fuse and a relay if there is one. Relays can often be bad, but still let just enough power through to partially activate a circuit. Good luck.
  • Options
    lambornlamborn Member Posts: 2
    OK, so the window works again, but unfortunately I cannot say what exactly I did to fix it. I had replaced the black box, door switch, and the motor/regulator all to no avail. Then BAM my front A/C Blower Transistor blew out, killing my A/C during a stretch of 100+ degree weather here in Northern CA. Awesome....
    Anyway, in futzing around trying to diagnose the A/C issue, POW the window starts working again.
    I smell huge problems down the road.