Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Service and a Surprise - 2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,127
edited August 2015 in Acura
imageService and a Surprise - 2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD Long-Term Road Test

At just over 6,000 miles our 2015 Acura TLX was due for its first A1 service. There was also a surprise recall.

Read the full story here

Comments

• "I haven't seen this one before,"

That means they aren't selling many V6 9-speed models. Recall should only apply to the 9-speed version.
  • Oh, okay. $80. In California, you probably find $100 bills laying on the road and tip your doorman that everyday for opening your door, but for the rest of us, that's not an inconsequential amount, especially for just a basic oil change. Was that for full synthetic, I hope? $45 for a tire rotation I guess? Seems excessive either way.
  • ebeaudoinebeaudoin NE IllinoisPosts: 509
    That is big money for an oil change and rotation. Sounds like that service advisor had a nice day.
  • schen72schen72 Posts: 433
    From a dealer, $80 for oil/filter change and tire rotation seems reasonable to me. Have you forgotten what the German dealers charge?
  • Seems like a good price for a full synthetic oil change on a "premium brand" to me.
  • Those nine speeds, if that's what it is, have software issues in most model cars. I change oil and filter myself in my 2014 Toyota RAV4 for about $35 or less, which includes five quarts of 0-20W synthetic. So maybe $80 from a dealer with tire rotation isn't so bad.
  • I get my (dino) oil changed, car washed, and vacuumed at my Acura dealer for $27 out the door. Oh and they have free fivebucks and wi-fi in their lounge.