Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2005 Ford Escape XLT (Rattling sound coming from engine compartment)

greekian123greekian123 Posts: 1
edited September 2015 in Ford
When I start my car a rattling sound will occur after a couple seconds. I have pinpointed the sound coming from the left side of my engine compartment (If you are at the front of my car and looking left). I do not know what it is. What I do know is that it only occurs during lower RPM's, during idle, and will stop rattling when I turn my A/C on. Has anyone ever heard of my situation before. If so, please inform me on what it is because I really dislike the sound and want to get it taken care of before something worse happens.

Comments

• thecardoc3thecardoc3 Posts: 5,116
    Any report of noise like this needs to be investigated first hand. It is easy to guess that the AC clutch and/or pulley bearing is failing but that is nothing more than a guess and should not be used to try and get estimates or whatever. Time and again shops have to deal with the situation where someone takes what a third party has told them blindly and attempt to fix what is really wrong with the car and still try to keep the owner happy too. It's a recipe for failure by starting out with someone guessing, even if they guess correctly.

• From my own personal opinion from mechanical experiences I would agree with "thecardoc3" that it most likely is the A/C clutch.