Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

New Exhaust, Before and After - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2015 in Ford
imageNew Exhaust, Before and After - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Until now, you've had to imagine how the new exhaust sounds on our 2015 Ford Mustang GT. Imagine no longer; here it is in all its sonic glory.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    Tough to really draw conclusions based on online videos but that sounds like the stock exhaust times 120%.

Any droning?
  • Options
    diondidiondi Member Posts: 71
    I like it, it sounds quite a bit meaner!
  • Options
    cobrysoncobryson Member Posts: 110
    Sounds pretty good stock, if you ask me. I wasn't looking to change the exterior sound much on my 2011 V6, so I changed the intake instead. It made a world of difference inside the car, but wasn't really noticeable outside. Have you guys considered a CAI?
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,323
    I wish the samples has some time with the revs about a steady 2k for a few seconds. That would be more like what you would hear, as opposed to a few quick revs.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,711
    Nice edge to the new one, let us know if it wears on you. 
  • Options
    jfa1177jfa1177 Member Posts: 52
    I agree with explorerx4. I think a video or a brief description of what it sounds like on the highway or at a constant RPM is in order. It does sound pretty good, although it's a bunch of money to merely make it sound better and lose 30lbs (which I'm guessing will go unnoticed).
  • Options
    duckmanstgduckmanstg Member Posts: 3
    Any issues with drone at cruising speeds?
  • Options
    subytrojansubytrojan Member Posts: 120
    The new exhaust sounds more "brappy" from the outside (not a fan), but more throaty from the inside (am a fan).
  • Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,711
    That's what I noticed from the video. Outside not an especially good sound, but inside sounded fine. But after 2 hours on the road, that's another thing....
  • Options
    dgcamerodgcamero Member Posts: 148
    I actually think the amount of noise increases to a very appropriate level, but the quality of the noise decreases significantly with the aftermarket system. Of course that's listening through headphones and who knows what sort of equalization the recording device and my playback device are doing...so I'd have to hear it with my own ears to make a decision.
  • Options
    scurfiescurfie Member Posts: 1
    I replaced my stock exhaust with the Ford Racing X-pipe and Touring axle backs. Love it! No Drone and plenty loud when you get on it.