Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mini Road-Trip, Massive Wings - 2014 Mini Cooper Hardtop Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2015 in MINI
imageMini Road-Trip, Massive Wings - 2014 Mini Cooper Hardtop Long-Term Road Test

We took our 2014 Mini Cooper hatchback to check out the Castle Air Museum in Atwater, California.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    edited September 2015
    Reminds me of the Kalamazoo Air Zoo in Kalamazoo, Mi. However they have more fighters and their planes (including an SR-71) are indoors. My first visit in 2006 my wife and I were looking at a P-47 Thunderbolt. One of the volunteer docents came to see if we had questions and it turned out that this was HIS actual plane that he flew bomber protection missions over Germany in WW2. He ended up getting shot down (in a different plane) and spent some time as a POW. What an amazing experience to meet one of the last of a very rare breed, a WW2 pilot and then to see his actual plane. I have a picture of him in front of the plane. It was an experience I will never forget.
  • Options
    subytrojansubytrojan Member Posts: 120
    Interesting road noise observation and reasoning why it was more noticeable on this particular trip. Would like to see color versions of these photos as well!