Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Lexus RX 350 Road Test | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2015 in Lexus
The 2016 Lexus RX 350 has been completely redesigned, with radical styling that turns the traditionally conservative RX into something that gets noticed. However, it is the transformation inside the cabin as well as a thorough rethinking and subsequent reengineering of this midsize luxury crossover's driving dynamics that truly expands the RX's appeal.

Read the full story here

Comments

• laelitolaelito Member Posts: 1
    Words are an inadequate tool for describing or reacting to this, but it looks like the lovechild of a crumpled envelope and Battlestar Galactica.

Most of Toyota’s recent vehicles are crippled by similarly haphazard and overwrought visuals. Their designers seem to be trapped within an aesthetic black hole—a place from which nothing purposeful or beautiful can either penetrate or escape.

It would be tragic if it wasn't so hilarious.
  • thepuffthepuff Member Posts: 87
    Unfortunately, for many, as long as it has an "L", "H", or "T" on the front, style, drivability, and excitement mean nothing. Perhaps what Toyota is trying to do is make their cars look exciting in an effort to bluff the senses once one actually gets behind the wheel?
  • dfelix70dfelix70 Member Posts: 143
    The strength of the RX was its lower base price than its direct competition. That is, until the NX came along. Now the NX is taking sales from the RX despite the RX's continued steep incentives. The other strength of the RX (and the ES) was that they were completely vanilla. But this styling is polarizing at best. So, the combination of higher base price and polarizing styling may not work to the RX's favor.
  • hank39hank39 Member Posts: 144
    Groundhog Day...the "What Is It" paragraph was copied and pasted throughout the article. Makes for a redundant read.
  • DebunkerDebunker Member Posts: 49
    Whoever designed the front of this thing must have an electric razor fetish.
  • bailey99bailey99 Member Posts: 2
    They have made the RX hideous.  It was never exciting, but always nice.  We owned one years ago.  They did a nice job with the interior, but the exterior looks like they are trying too hard.  Hyundai and Kia SUVs look better than this.
  • bailey99bailey99 Member Posts: 2
    They have made the RX hideous.  It was never exciting, but always nice.  We owned one years ago.  They did a nice job with the interior, but the exterior looks like they are trying too hard.  Hyundai and Kia SUVs look better than this.
  • alsasalsas Member Posts: 7
    Looks like Lexus updated the Aztek!
  • fr88fr88 Member Posts: 6
    Yikes! From inoffensively bland to aggressively hideous! Elegant, graceful, tasteful, refined, classy, desireable, etc. are all words that in no way can be used to describe this hunchbacked mess of tortured sheetmetal soon to blight gated communities of tract mansions. Lexus has completely lost all ability to style a beautiful vehicle. The best part of the very nice interior is that when one sits in it, you can't see the mess going on outside the car.
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    I'm amused by the double-speak Edmunds used in penning the tag line, "Radical New Styling Isn't the Best Part of This New SUV." It sure isn't the best part; it's the worst part!
  • greg128greg128 Member Posts: 526
    Just when I thought Lexus vehicles couldn't possibly get any uglier, I'm proven wrong. I can't imagine anyone actually would want to be seen in this..
  • nissmazlovernissmazlover Member Posts: 162
    Not only is the design hideous, it's really stupid. I mean, what's gonna happen when someone who owns one of these and lives in a city decides to park? A simple tap to the front bumper is gonna cause so much damage to that ridiculously, comically over-sized grill! It has no front bumper! LOL! Man...that thing is ugly!
  • rdollierdollie Member Posts: 16
    edited September 2015
    Wow, this thing needs rhinoplasty - stat!! If this thing escaped customer focus groups, imagine what didn't!

Something about it reminds me of the Toyota Venza for some reason...

Just realized it has some of the same odd lines from the c-pillar back as the most recent Nissan designs.