Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Per the dealership I need a manifold and solenoid repair on my 2010 Chevy Cobalt.

dorothy1951dorothy1951 Member Posts: 2
edited September 2015 in Chevrolet
Will the transmission have to be taken apart to repair the manifold Solenoid on the 2010 Chevy Cobalt?

Best Answer

Answers

• thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,745
    Can you be more detailed about what kind of a problem you are experiencing, and exactly what they have recommended be done? Usually a transmission solenoid issue can likely be solved with minimal disassembly, which means only the side cover needs to be removed for access. The manifold mentioned appears to be out of place in context with a transmission repair and is likely a separate issue, so a little clarification on that would help.
  • dorothy1951dorothy1951 Member Posts: 2
    My description: a harsh jerking and shifting ...but my car is automatic. I'm not mechanically inclined so this the best description I can give. Per the dealership they ran diagnostic and had a DTC P1810 - needs the pressure manifold Solenoid inside the transmission.