Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

ELS Sound System Puts You 10 Feet From Stardom - 2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2015 in Acura
imageELS Sound System Puts You 10 Feet From Stardom - 2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD Long-Term Road Test

The 2015 Acura TLX can be equipped with a premium ELS sound system. It's a nice-sounding system.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jfa1177jfa1177 Member Posts: 52
    A friend of mine has a 2011 TL with the ELS system and its quite good. Its not a block rocker but it can hold its own when the volume gets cranked!
  • Options
    marmotkingmarmotking Member Posts: 42
    "...digital hard drive...", eh? What's next, a reciprocating piston engine? Still, that "digital hard drive" probably beats the old analog hard drive Highway Hi-Fi option in 1950's Chryslers. Also nice to see Acura retains a digital CD player (I assume digital, it's not specified in the post) as well as an actual volume knob, though it looks a bit lonely up there as the sole remaining protrusion in a vast plain of touchscreens. My analog controlled digits do prefer knobs to pokes, at least while driving and eating fries. Just kidding about the fries, I meant a sausage McMuffin with egg, and even though the biscuit is better, it's just too crumbly for the freeway. Sorry for the tangent, it's late and I'm hungry, and no I don't eat and drive. Anymore.
  • Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863

"...digital hard drive...", eh? What's next, a reciprocating piston engine? Still, that "digital hard drive" probably beats the old analog hard drive Highway Hi-Fi option in 1950's Chryslers. Also nice to see Acura retains a digital CD player (I assume digital, it's not specified in the post) as well as an actual volume knob, though it looks a bit lonely up there as the sole remaining protrusion in a vast plain of touchscreens. My analog controlled digits do prefer knobs to pokes, at least while driving and eating fries. Just kidding about the fries, I meant a sausage McMuffin with egg, and even though the biscuit is better, it's just too crumbly for the freeway. Sorry for the tangent, it's late and I'm hungry, and no I don't eat and drive. Anymore.

Good point about the CD Player. While it won't be a primary source of entertainment, if you often borrow audiobook CDs from the library (I don't, but know many that do), you'd appreciate not having to rip them to your phone first.
  • Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,711
    I'm guessing they meant solid state hard drive...