Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Fuel Economy Update for August - Staying Thirsty - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2015 in Ford
imageFuel Economy Update for August - Staying Thirsty - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2015 Ford Mustang GT couldn't crack 16 mpg for the month of August, but we did set a new range record and enjoyed the heck out of its 5.0-liter V8.

Read the full story here

Comments

• I guess you can't complain given the Horsepower, but still seems pretty low. You could more easily justify a higher performance electric car (presuming gas prices shoot up as they always do) at 16 mpg.
  • schen72schen72 Posts: 433
    This is the first Mustang that i actually like. I generally prefer German and Japanese sports cars, but now Mustang finally looks sophisticated and not like a toy.
  • I guess you can't complain given the Horsepower, but still seems pretty low. You could more easily justify a higher performance electric car (presuming gas prices shoot up as they always do) at 16 mpg.

Nobody buys a V8 car for fuel economy.
  • socal_ericsocal_eric SoCalPosts: 189
    You don't buy a V8 for the economy, but even if you can afford to fill the tank regularly I doubt many people would complain if you didn't have to do it every few days with a lot of daily driving.