Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

New brakes and rotors still loud noise

azfarazfar Member Posts: 8
edited September 2015 in Hyundai
I recently bought used Genesis coupe. However my brakes were making Loud noise like loud whistle which was pretty embarrassing.

I thought the brakes previous owner put on were crappy one So i got all my rotors and pads changed even though pads were almost brand new. After i got everything changed the same exact noise is still there... only comes when the brakes are applied fully and it comes from the front brakes only.

here you can hear how bad it is @ 0.06 secs and @ 0.12 secs

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1P44Myx2SG1

Im totally clueless as to what to do next. Nothing severe but a really embarrassing problem

P.s This noise comes 90% of time only when im reversing. But im certain noise comes from front brakes

Comments

• thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,742
    Part of identifying any noise is the ability to sense what direction it is coming from. A recording just doesn't let that happen. Being able to tell that the sound is coming from the front helps, but is it coming from both sides as compared to one or the other? If the sound is from both sides then a pad composition issue could be more likely. If it is only coming from one side then a hardware issue such as a brake pad shim or rotor shield contacting the rotor becomes more likely. Lots of brake noises are caused by some type of contamination of the pads and the rotors. That's a problem where replacing them is indicated and would usually solve the issue unless the same mistake that caused contamination on the last set of brakes also occurred to this set.
  • azfarazfar Member Posts: 8

Part of identifying any noise is the ability to sense what direction it is coming from. A recording just doesn't let that happen. Being able to tell that the sound is coming from the front helps, but is it coming from both sides as compared to one or the other? If the sound is from both sides then a pad composition issue could be more likely. If it is only coming from one side then a hardware issue such as a brake pad shim or rotor shield contacting the rotor becomes more likely. Lots of brake noises are caused by some type of contamination of the pads and the rotors. That's a problem where replacing them is indicated and would usually solve the issue unless the same mistake that caused contamination on the last set of brakes also occurred to this set.

It is coming from both sides. and what does it mean break composition? like the quality of brakeS?
  • joejoesonjoejoeson Member Posts: 44
    Make sure the pads are of good quality, cheap pads will make more noise. Make sure the anti-rattle clips are in place, and nothing is scratching the rotor or getting in the way of the pads, like the splash guard. If there is no mechanical problems to the rotor and pads, you could just try getting better quality pads.