Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Fuel Economy Update for August - Combined MPG Falls Short of City Rating - 2015 Volvo S60 Long-Term

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2015 in Volvo
imageFuel Economy Update for August - Combined MPG Falls Short of City Rating - 2015 Volvo S60 Long-Term Road Test

How did our 2015 Volvo S60's fuel economy hold up through August?

Read the full story here

Comments

• bankerdannybankerdanny Posts: 1,021
    edited September 2015
    I'm not seeing any results for August alone.

I can say from personal experience an an Uber driver in Chicago with my 2002 9-3SE that the EPA city methodology doesn't come close to replicating the impact of true 100% city driving, at least not with a turbo charged engine. During my all city streets times on weekends I routinely average 13-15mpg and have dipped below 12 a couple times. My weekday 25 mile each way commute to/from the regular job which is about 50/50 city/ highway is more in line with EPA figures at around 21 mpg..
  • prndlolprndlol Posts: 140
    What car with ~300/300 hp & torque numbers could achieve anywhere near 28mpg combined?

I think 23 is terrific for that kind of power on tap.
  • With similar performance, the Honda Accord V6 gets 28mpg according to fueleconomy.gov's user provided numbers.