Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Due For Second Service - 2014 Mini Cooper Hardtop Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2015 in MINI
imageDue For Second Service - 2014 Mini Cooper Hardtop Long-Term Road Test

Our 2014 Mini Cooper is due for its second service at just over 20,000 miles. Like its first service at 10,000, it only needs an oil change.

Read the full story here

Comments

• schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    Sounds like a ploy to get you into a dealer's service department, just to find out *what* service items needs to be done.
  • kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    schen72 said:

Sounds like a ploy to get you into a dealer's service department, just to find out *what* service items needs to be done.

Agreed. If you don't needs to be done, they'll claim that you need the "20k service" which involves a whole lot of expensive unnecessary service.

I'm sure there's probably SOME way to see it, they just don't make it easy for you.
  • s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    edited September 2015
    MAINTENANCE ON US FOR 3-YEARS/36,000 MILES.
    It comes standard with every new MINI† and is one of the most comprehensive maintenance programs in its class, covering all factory-recommended maintenance for the 3 years or 36,000 miles (whichever comes first) saving you up to $1,428 in service costs.††

Engine Oil Services
    Inspection Services
    Brake Pads and Rotors
    Brake Fluid Service
    Wiper Blade Inserts
    Engine Drive Belt
    Engine Air Filter
    Cabin Air Microfilter

(i learned how to do all of those things on my own. makes owning a bmw very affordable. i still let the dealer do a $90 oil change and they throw in a loaner car for the day and an inspection hoping to sell me services. i politely decline any additional service suggestions and have an indy do it or youtube it and do it myself.)