Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Fuel Economy Update for August — A Healthy Jump in Combined MPG - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,046
edited September 2015 in Chevrolet
imageFuel Economy Update for August — A Healthy Jump in Combined MPG - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

The Edmunds long-term Chevrolet Colorado's overall fuel economy improved in July and August. It also established new best range and mpg benchmarks.

Read the full story here

Comments

• s197gts197gt Posts: 485
    at least you know that the rated highway mileage is possible. unlike some other vehicles you have in your fleet. was he even hyper-miling?
  • the last 2 times i filled up were different from what the trip computer says by a 1/2 mpg and 1.25 mpg this time. hopefully this isnt a phony computer display issue like VW
  • From most reviews I see, and from what lots of real world owners say, it's not unusual for trip computers on most new cars to read differently than what the miles driven/gallons used calculation after a fill up comes out to. It seems to be like that with most manufacturers. I don't think there's anything "phony" about it, it's just however the computer measures fuel use doesn't come out as accurately. I think the computer number is best to just consider as a rough estimate and figure it's probably a little on the high side. And VW... maybe I've misunderstood the issue but I thought it was emissions that VW faked - not fuel economy. The diesels are actually getting great mileage - albeit while emitting illegal pollution levels, and it will probably change when whatever the correction for the emissions comes out, but I don't think the on board displays are faking anything regarding current fuel economy.