Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Critical Question. Noise From Drivers Front When Engaging Reverse and Turning.

petecalpetecal Posts: 28
edited September 2015 in Honda
I called this critical because my son just reported this and he and his very pregnant wife have to take a 12 hour drive to a new job.
He hears a bomp bomp sound when shifting to reverse and turning. The sound comes from the front driver's side.
I found a thread that goes for 16 pages about changing the differential lubricant to solve a problem like this but his is a front wheel drive and the thread seems to be about AWD CR-Vs.
He has not been able to find a reliable mechanic in the Houston TX area. He is a pretty savvy car guy. We have changed brake pads, rotors. exhaust systems, timing belts, master cylinders, etc before he moved from Buffalo NY to Houston. Every time he has taken a vehicle to a shop down there he could smell ripoff.
So my questions are:
Is this thread about front wheel drive also?
http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/7468/honda/cr-v/honda-cr-v-rear-differential-problem
Would you risk a 12 hour drive with this condition?

Thanks In Advance,

Pete

Comments

• Would you risk a 12 hour drive with this condition?

Never. 12 hrs drive is about two hours by plane. Ship the car by transporter .

or

Trade in this clunker and lease a new one.