Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Check out an Austin truck for me?

jaaron127jaaron127 Posts: 4
edited September 2015 in Ford
Hey, Group! I am in Missouri and in the market for a 2013 or 14 Ford F-150 SuperCrew. I am finding via car shopping sites that trucks in Texas seem to be a lot less than in Missouri. I have found one in Austin, TX that looks like a really good deal, almost too good to be true. Does anyone know of an independent service or anything that will go to a dealership to check out a vehicle for me before I drive 400 miles just to find the truck is a flood truck or something?

Answers

• steverstever Posts: 52,462
    edited September 2015
    That's kind of funny. I have a good friend over near Abilene and he couldn't find squat for a decent older truck at a reasonable price last year there or in Dallas, so wound of getting one here in Las Cruces.

I think Pep Boys does a pre-purchase inspection, but the one in Austin has lousy Yelp reviews, fwiw.

Anyone have a good indy mechanic they use in Austin?
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 20,225
    I wouldn't take any car to Pep Boys!
  • Thanks, guys. Unfortunately they sold the truck before I could talk to a salesman about it. I'm still open to going to Austin for a truck, so the information you provided is helpful.
  • steverstever Posts: 52,462
    Well, it's a fun town. :)