Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Appeals Across Generations - 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2015 in Dodge
imageAppeals Across Generations - 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Long-Term Road Test

We may have conceived our long-term 2007 Dodge Charger as a Millenial Used Car project, but this hungry sled appeals across the age range.

Read the full story here

Comments

• It probably reminds you of your old CL65 Mercedes because the Charger borrows not only it's platform from Mercedes but a few other things were taken out of the Mercedes parts bin. I think some of the stalks you're talking about is from Mercedes.
  • daryleasondaryleason TexasPosts: 501
    If I didn't have an aversion to Chrysler products due to their build quality issues, I'd almost be interested in the car. But I think its a travesty they slapped the "Charger" name on it. It shouldn't have been a four door with a name like that.
  • Word, fellow Xer. We do the job while the Boomers take the credit and the Millennials complain about it. Certainly there is something quite universal about loving a big powerful V8, although for some reason I've never loved how the Charger looks. Doesn't look bad, but isn't nearly as appealing as the 2011+ Challenger looks. None are really my type though. Unreliable and poor interior.
  • I agree with everything you said, but replace Charger with Magnum!
  • daryleasondaryleason TexasPosts: 501
    I think the Chrysler 300C looked better. And I still believe they should have named the Charger something else, like Coronet or something.
  • Loved the first paragraph, my GenX brother.

I need to find a clean Magnum RT or the unicorn SRT.