Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Braking Issue?

anonymoususaranonymoususar Posts: 1
edited October 2015 in Chevrolet
Hello, newish car owner here.

A new issue has come to my attention when driving my cavalier, when I go to make a stop while driving the car, the rear end of the car feels as if its lowering itself as I put pressure on the brake, and the car makes a hard stop, even with lighter pressure applied to the brake.
No new sounds are being made, no lights are on the dashboard, and when looking underneath the car I am too inexperienced to know if there is anything physically wrong with it suddenly. I purchased this car about 5 months ago, and the previous owner told me that they installed new brake lines, so I am not sure if that's what is wrong with it, or something else?

Anyone have any idea out there? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Something is causing your rear brakes to seize. It looks like with your model car, you have rear drum brakes, at least that seems typical for a 2002 chevy cavalier. So maybe the installation of the brake lines were wrong, or someone tightened the starwheel to tight on the rear drum brake. It could also be a defective proportioning valve.