Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Supercharging 2003 F150 4x4 Crewcab, 5.4L Triton V8

jawaiianflipjawaiianflip Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Ford
Does anyone know if supercharging a 2003 F150 4x4 crewcab will void the manufacturer's warranty? If no, will I be able to install the same supercharger and intercooler found in the SVT Lightning? By the way, what kind of supercharger and intercooler is in the SVT Lightnining?

Comments

• Options
    kg11kg11 Member Posts: 530
    It will void the warranty IF Ford can prove that it is operating outside stock peramiters.

The dealer MIGHT install and warranty the Eaton S/C .They did on my wife's Roush Mustang but that was part of the Roush package.
  • Options
    obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    Most of the factory supercharged vehicles come with beefed up trans and rear end. If anything will void the manufacturer's warranty, it would be a supercharger, especially if the HP and torque ratings after install is above the manufacturer's spec for the vehicle.

What I would do is call the Ford dealers in your area and see if any of them do SC installs. In those cases, the dealership will warranty the SC and related components rather than Ford. Either way you will be covered.

If you bought yours from Cutter, forget it cause they won't do it.
  • Options
    jaguar0027jaguar0027 Member Posts: 387
    just buy a lightning?
  • Options
    bigfurbigfur Member Posts: 649
    the Harley truck? crew cab, same drive train as the lighting, only thing is its not 4X4, course i dont know why youd supercharge a 4X4.
This discussion has been closed.