Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

In Search of Cooler Mountain Air - 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited October 2015 in Volkswagen
imageIn Search of Cooler Mountain Air - 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI Long-Term Road Test

The 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI is one of the best among the generations that have come before. But for mountain driving, we'll take a manual transmission and high-performance tires any day compared to what we have.

Read the full story here

Comments

• bankerdannybankerdanny Posts: 1,021
    Very respectable mileage for a day of spirited driving over challenging terrain. I would bet your Focus ST would not a fared as well.
  • jakek66jakek66 Posts: 60
    A word of advice for anyone who has a 2015 GTI - don't get in a 2016. The head unit is that much better. Also, if you are looking, try the new DAP system. It's one of the best option packages I've ever bought. Makes the car state of the art without giving anything up.
  • @jakek66 - I was gonna say, I'm not picky at all when it comes to stuff like this, but wow those graphics are bad in the photos above. I've heard the new system is excellent, as you said.
  • socal_ericsocal_eric SoCalPosts: 189
    I can guarantee the Focus ST wouldn't do as well, at least form my own experience over two years. I'd have to pull out the fuel log but I don't think I topped 30 mpg for more than a couple tanks of lower speed, super easy highway miles and it was usually quite a bit less, even when trying to drive with economy in mind. My '08 Cobalt SS Turbo on the other hand can be driven with your foot to the floor and still get 27-29 mpg and quite a bit higher if you take it easy. It's nice to see another car like this VW that you can actually drive enthusiastically and still get reasonable mileage.