Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

PO755 code and transmission in limp mode.

budmanrbudmanr Member Posts: 4
edited October 2015 in Dodge
I have a 2000 dodge Durango 4.7 motor 4x4 with a 45rfe tranny . In limp mode 2nd and 3rd gears only and have to shift manually to start in 2nd gear than to 3rd . getting a po755 code . first changed fluids and both filters and it ran fine for a couple of trips . than code and trouble back . next replaced SOLENOID PACK & Valve Body . again ok for a few trips and back again . Than replaced TCU drained fluid and replaced again . worked in for 2 trips and trouble back . also replaced tranny pressure sensor still trouble . Received 2nd solenoid pack and again ran ok for 1 trip than back . it seems that draining the fluid and refilling will clear trouble for a short time than back . has anyone had this trouble local tranny doesn't want to even look at this type of tranny .

Comments

• orangekissorangekiss Member Posts: 5
    Wouldn't it have been cheaper in the long run just to have had it rebuilt in the first place? All I know is the transmission used in the 2000's Dodge Durango is junk. Had mine rebuilt and 20,000 miles later it went out again. Too bad as I love my Durango. Have never had trouble with the 5.9 motor. The tranny seems to be the weak link from what I can tell.
  • budmanrbudmanr Member Posts: 4
    It may be cheaper to rebuild or throw in a used one , but it may be a wiring trouble or computer trouble which would make replacement useless . A friend of a friend who works for a tranny place wouldn't even touch it . Trying to avoid taking to dealer who has a nice $10,000 piece of equipment to test at $100 an hour just to check than parts and labor to fix . I was hoping someone had the same problem as so far have only spent a couple hundred on parts and my labor is free . It's just weird every time In drop pan and replace fluid it works for a while than craps out again . Yes these trannys bite because everything is controlled by sensors and computers but other converting to a manual one but would still have to take to a dealer to reprogram computers . I also like the Durango orangekiss .
  • budmanrbudmanr Member Posts: 4
    took Durango to dealer . they want $700 to fix claiming frayed wires that I don't see . does anyone know what the part # is for it . 2000 4.7 engine with a 45rfe tranny . I'm assuming its the wire from the solenoid connecter to the pcm / tcm . I can not find in any searches .on bill says part # CH5019917-AA . 23 way wire harness . getting no results searching