Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Performance Testing - Will It Survive? - 1989 Yugo GVL Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2015 in Yugo
imagePerformance Testing - Will It Survive? - 1989 Yugo GVL Long-Term Road Test

We take a 1989 Yugo GVL to the track for a day of performance testing.

Read the full story here

Comments

• daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    You know...since Edmunds bought one of the "Cars of the 80s" I'd like to see y'all add one other to the stable. How about tracking down a Delorean? Y'all have done the Buick Grand National, Yugo, and so on... Go back in time and get a DMC-12 and run it through its paces.
  • ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    I think this car needs PlastiDip.
  • ckuersckuers Member Posts: 21
    edited October 2015

You know...since Edmunds bought one of the "Cars of the 80s" I'd like to see y'all add one other to the stable. How about tracking down a Delorean? Y'all have done the Buick Grand National, Yugo, and so on... Go back in time and get a DMC-12 and run it through its paces.

I'm going to throw my vote in for something along the lines of an Omni GLHS or a Callaway Rabbit.
  • ckuersckuers Member Posts: 21
    edited October 2015
    Bah, double post.

Nothing to see here, folks. Move along.
    Another interesting look...how about getting a used Full-Size pickup and compare it to what they currently have? Something like an F-150 from the late 80s, early 90s, or a Chevy C-1500 Silverado, Extended Cab, from the late 80s - early 90s. Do side by side comparisons against the current "new" designs and see how they really stack up against a relatively modern truck that you could easily pick up (hah...I'm funny) for less than six grand regarding towing, handling, and fuel economy.
  • barich1barich1 Member Posts: 143
    A Delorean on October 21st sounds like the ticket.
    I wonder how much attention the Edmunds staff really pays to the comments section? And as cool as it would sound, I doubt they'd move that quickly to get a Delorean in time for B2TF Day.
  • clachnitclachnit Member Posts: 35
    The Edmunds editorial staff absolutely reads the comments section. We'll relay the request for a Delorean to the boss. No promises, though, and delivery by B2TF Day would be hard to pull off--even if we could go back in time a few weeks to start shopping.