Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Not Easy to Park - 2015 Nissan Murano Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited November 2015 in Nissan
imageNot Easy to Park - 2015 Nissan Murano Long-Term Road Test

The 2015 Nissan Murano is not the easiest vehicle to park, but that's because of its distinctive styling. Is it a worthwhile trade-off?

Read the full story here

Comments

• If you can't park a midsize CUV with parking sensors and 4 cameras....stay on the passenger side of the ride and turn in your driver's license.
  • ebeaudoinebeaudoin NE IllinoisPosts: 509

If you can't park a midsize CUV with parking sensors and 4 cameras....stay on the passenger side of the ride and turn in your driver's license.

Come on, now. Any skilled driver will have a hard time parking if the vehicle has exceptionally odd proportions and sightlines. Cameras and sensors help but they can only tell so much. I refuse to rely 100% on parking sensors and cameras. I have to know where the ends of the vehicle are at all times. Simple as that.
  • yellowmiatayellowmiata TexasPosts: 23
    In all honesty, this is a result of their testing procedures, not a real-world problem. If I owned an oddly shaped car, and drove it every day, I would learn the size and proportions of the vehicle. I would set mental-markers for bumpers, corners, tail gates, etc. The issue with this post is that Riswick fails to take in to account that most people do not have a fleet of cars to choose from, rather we have daily drivers. Now maybe this gives him more experience with a variety of vehicles (i.e. identifying which are harder / easier to park). But if stuck with a vehicle for 3-10 years, I'm sure he would be just fine at parking his self-owned car.
    I can't remember a car where I could see the bumper when sitting in the driver's seat...
  • carboy21carboy21 Posts: 760
    Not too far off in the future when we could have a continuous forward and rearward cameras . They would always be on the Navi screen until you bring up something else like a radio or a map.