Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Peugeot Or Nissan

vscinghvscingh Member Posts: 1
edited November 2015 in General
Hi all,

I am here to get some advice on buying a new car. I had bought second hand car 3 times and had a very bad experience. Secondly I am moving further away from London and commutes will be even longer. The plan is to have a decent and comfortable car, a car that is also reliable. I have decided to go Automatic on transmission for enjoyable drive.But I don't have any expertise in cars.

After looking around and reading up on some of the reviews, I decided to go with Peugeot 3008 Hybride. The thing is I wont be able to afford a new one but I should be able to afford a recent model with 20000 miles or so.

I have spoken with few friends and work colleague and had a mixed review. Some says French cars are not reliable others say the new ones will give me 10 year or so. The tricky part is Peugeot 3008 Hybride comes with a battery pack and could be expensive to fix down the line.

Second one in mind is Renault Kadjar. Which is very new to the market. So nearly new is out of the question. It looks like a decent drive but hasnt been tested properly but most importantly I can afford the price tag of a new car.

A close friend of mine suggested I should go for reliable brands like Honda, Hyundai, KIA or Nissan. I should buy a used car from a dealer with low mileage.

So my questions is what is my best option? My budget is GBP 15000. I would love to have a Nissan Qashqai but only manual is available in that budget.

Or Should I wait for another 3 months and may be Renault Kadjar will be available as a used car at a dealer?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    We're a US centric site and we have trouble just keeping up with some of the Canadian models we don't get.

Peugeot isn't even a player in the US any more. We don't get Renaults these days either.

Sorry....