The Long Road to Phoenix - 2015 Hyundai Sonata Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,137
edited November 2015 in Hyundai
The Long Road to Phoenix - 2015 Hyundai Sonata Long-Term Road Test

The 2015 Hyundai Sonata sets two new "best range" marks.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ebeaudoinebeaudoin NE IllinoisMember Posts: 509
    My parents live in Fountain Hills. Seems like a nice place.

I had that happen to me once- I traveled 126.1 miles on 3.471 gallons in my 2001 Toyota Camry LE 2.2L 4chl automatic. That equates to 36.33 MPG. Not sure if I believe it.. It was all highway miles so it could be.
  • reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    Pretty amazing how far the Korean brands have come even within the last 5 years.
    A super competitive market pushes all the manufacturers toward a better product.
    A nice situation for the consumer.
  • dfrissdfriss Member Posts: 23
    We found that not running the a/c (maybe not an option in AZ) adds 2-4 MPG, So now that fall/winter is here we see 37+ (based on the dashboard MPG readout) on the road.
  • gunner83gunner83 Member Posts: 2
    My 2015 Limited is at 2000 miles and I have checked mileage on NORMAL and get 25mpg with 80% city, 20% highway. In ECO mode I get only 23.5mpg, same conditions. Strange! My biggest annoyance is that the miles to empty display reads 25% high in that when I fill the tank, it tells me that I have 525 to empty which is about 100 too high based upon the mileage I get. We do have the A/C always on and I will try it off.
  • coloradoguy3coloradoguy3 Member Posts: 1
    I really like my 2015 Sonata. I find it comfortable commuting and on long trips. The only two things I found is that the front fiberglass (the bumper guard) cracked too easily when I bumped a snow marker at less than 10 mph. Also, the fabric is too delicate on the Sport seats. I had to buy seat covers.