Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

I need advice to change the power steering pump on my 2001 Nissan Maxima.

reader4valuereader4value Posts: 3
edited November 2015 in Nissan
The power steering on my 2001 NIssan Maxima SE leaks. I believe it is at the pump and not the reservoir. I need to do this self serve as I cannot afford more than the purchase of the pump and high pressure line. Currently a faint sounding alarm is sounding in the engine compartment, and it is draining my new battery. (I recently installed a new alternator too) I have a vacuum leak somewhere, and I currently believe it is related to the power steering. I have been topping the power steering off with Lucas Power Steering Leak sealer but it only slows down the leak. I have to refill about every 2-3 days. It is about $10 a bottle at Walmart. I need to resolve this problem soon before I go broke from buying power steering fluid and stop leak.

Any information would be helpful.

Answers

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 20,225
    Yopu might be able to find a You Tube video showing how to do this. You'll need the right tools!